Quick Asian Cucumber Salad without Soy Sauce
Spicy Asian Cucumber Salad without soy sauce and it's extra refreshing because it is without any pungent ingredients like garlic or green onion. Ready in 5 minutes or less.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
- 1 piece cucumber Japanese or English (1 is about 9 oz)
- 1/4 red onion
- 4 tsp sugar
- 4.5 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt (Trader Joe's) Trader Joe's
- 1.5 tsp red chili powder gochukaru
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
Cut cucumbers into thin slices. You can cut at a diagonal or just straight in discs. Best thickness is about 1/8th inch thick. Also thinly slice quarter of a red onion.
In a bowl, add cucumbers, onions and all the seasonings. Mix until cucumbers are evenly coated. It is best to let it sit a couple minutes before serving when the flavors have been absorbed by the cucumbers.
- It is best to use English, Japanese or pickle cucumbers. If you cannot get these, you can peel and remove seeds from common cucumbers.
- Store leftovers in the fridge. Good for 2-3 days.
- Adjust amount of red chili pepper powder and sugar to taste.
Calories: 61kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 312mg | Potassium: 179mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 400IU | Vitamin C: 3.5mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 0.6mg