Sweet Rice Bundt Cake
Sweet Rice Mini Bundt Cake is a great naturally gluten free dessert or snack that's made with wholesome freshly milled brown sweet rice flour. Addition of sweet red bean paste gives this cake a great Korean flavor.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 6 mini bundt cakes
- 1 cup brown sweet rice flour
- 1 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/2 cup sugar (I used organic)
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 oz unsalted butter melted
- 2 each egg
- 1/2 cup sweet red bean paste (anko)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Grind sweet rice and brown rice in the Nutrimill grinder at the finest setting. 1 cup sweet rice produces about 1 1/2 cup ground flour. If you don't want to use a Nutrimill grinder, just buy and use sweet brown rice flour and sweet rice flour (mochiko).
Melt butter in the microwave until it becomes fully liquid.
Spray or brush mini bundt cake pan and/or cakelette pan with oil to prevent sticking.
In a large mixing bowl or cake mixer bowl, add both sweet brown rice and sweet rice flour.
Add salt and baking powder. Mix dry powder with a whisk.
Add milk, vanilla extract, eggs, butter and sugar to dry mixture in 6.
If using a cake mixer, mix for 3 min. or more until well blended with no lumps. I used a hand whisk and it was quite easy to mix so you can do it without a cake mixer if you don't have one.
Fold in red bean paste into the batter.
When red bean paste is evenly mixed in, pour batter into cake molds.
For mini bundt cake pans, bake for 35 minutes. For cakelettes, bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the thickest part of the batter.
- Can also be baked in one regular bundt cake pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Substitute for sweet brown rice flour, is to use just sweet rice flour all the way!
- Add chopped walnuts or almonds for more crunch and nutty flavor
- Add dried fruits like raisins and cranberries
- Dust the top with powdered sugar to make it even more pretty
- Can be stored at room temperature for 3-4 days.
- Freeze leftovers for later. Just thaw and enjoy or heat in the microwave for few seconds.
- Enjoy with some Korean green or chrysanthemum tea. Or Coffee!
Calories: 288kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 252mg | Potassium: 86mg | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 2935IU | Vitamin C: 0.8mg | Calcium: 100mg | Iron: 1.3mg