Tofu Salad with Iceberg Lettuce and Sweet Corn
Tofu Salad with iceberg lettuce, sweet corn and radish sprouts is the most delicious way to enjoy fresh tofu cold and raw. My sweet tangy and mustardy soy dressing works so well with the crunchy lettuce, corn and radish sprouts - flavoring the tofu in the most yummy way.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce small
- 8 oz tofu extra firm or firm
- 3 Tbs sweet corn canned
- 1/4 cup daikon sprouts
- 2 oz imitation crab meat (optional)
Sweet Soy Mustard Dressing
- 1 tsp oriental yellow mustard (optional)
- 2 Tbs rice vinegar
- 2 Tbs cooking sake rice wine
- 1 Tbs soy sauce jinkanjang
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice 1 tsp if meyer lemon
Make oriental hot mustard according to directions. If you want a little more kick, double the amount. Mix mustard powder with water and let it sit for few minutes for the flavor to develop.
Rinse iceberg lettuce leaves and tear them into smaller pieces. Use a salad spinner or just pat dry with paper towel.
Take tofu out of the package. Pat dry with a paper towel and cut into squares like below. I like using Pulmuone Organic 2 cup Tofu but you can use any firm or extra firm tofu you like.
Rinse and drain radish sprouts or any other micro greens you want to add. I found this at our local grocery store and it was a great mix of different radish sprouts and other micro greens. But if you can buy daikon radish sprouts, they work the best.
By now the hot mustard should have developed its full flavor. Mix in the hot mustard into the dressing. Stir until well blended.
Arrange lettuce and tofu on a plate or salad bowl. Tear crab meat into thin strips and add to salad. Sprinkle sweet corn and top with daikon sprouts or other micro greens. Pour dressing before serving.
- This salad taste best when everything is chilled.
- Unlike many other salads, this salad tastes even better when tofu and lettuce have absorbed the dressing a bit so dress the salad a bit in advance before serving.
Calories: 124kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 395mg | Potassium: 119mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 365IU | Vitamin C: 3.5mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 1mg