3 Asian Salad Dressing Recipes for Gifts
These 3 Asian salad dressings make a great gift for anytime of the year but especially for the Holidays! These salads pair wonderfully with Asian (Korean) meals.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Sweet Soy Mustard Dressing
- 2.5 tsp oriental yellow mustard
- 5 Tbs rice vinegar
- 5 Tbs cooking sake rice wine
- 2.5 Tbs soy sauce jinkanjang
- 2.5 tsp honey
- 5 tsp vegetable oil
- 1.25 tsp sugar
- 1.25 tsp lemon juice double for meyer lemon
Strawberry Spinach Salad
- 8 Tbsp sugar
- 8 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 Tbsp rice vinegar or 1/2 amount if white vinegar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp purple onion minced (use 1/2 amount if regular onion)
- 3 Tbsp sesame seeds toasted
Spinach Salad Dressing Ingredients to pack separately
- 4 Tbsp almonds slivered, toasted
- 12 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 6 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- black pepper
Tofu Salad Dressing
Prepare the oriental hot mustard by mixing the mustard powder with water. You can also use the pre-made mustard in tubes but I find that they don’t taste as strong as the powder stuff. (See my Chapssal Bulgogi post for more info on how to make the mustard at home) Let it rest in room temperature for a few minutes.
Prepare dressing by mixing the soy sauce, vinegar, rice wine, mustard and sugar. Since some cooking rice wines are sweeter than others, add the rice wine first and taste it. Adjust the amount of sugar to taste. Pour into a pretty bottle and label it.
Spinach Salad Dressing
Mix all the salad dressing ingredients in a bowl. For longer storage, you can leave out the sesame seeds and pack it separately with the dressing. Pour into a jar and label. You will have a little leftover after filling an 8 oz jar. Pack a bag of sesame seeds and toasted almonds to go with the salad dressing. Enjoy it at home too!
Mix oil, fresh lemon juice, salt, pepper and sugar. This is a very simple dressing sometimes simple is best. Lemon adds a wonderful simple freshness that will go with any meal.
Pack 3 jars of goodness and gift someone you love. Please don't forget to also either provide a link to my recipes or give them a printed recipe.
Note, the nutrition facts are for 3 different dressings so it would be as if it's for 3 servings. Each salad dressing recipe should make more than enough for 8 oz jars.
- For the Tofu salad dressing, you can either give a link to my recipe here (or give them a print out).
- For the Strawberry Spinach salad dressing, just tell them to enjoy it with spinach, strawberries or raspberries and some pomegranate seeds.
Calories: 462kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Sodium: 478mg | Potassium: 69mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 140IU | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 0.9mg