First, I want to apologize for this very late posting..My excuse for the lateness is partly due to the holidays and then I couldn’t make up my mind on how to write the post..
Anyway, a very lovely fellow blogger Maria (check out her blog a cougar in the kitchen) nominated me for the “One Lovely Blog” award back in December. As Maria also mentioned, I think this is more like a chain letter for blogs than an award but I thought you may enjoy reading more about me. And it’s always good to spread the word on blogs that are worth reading.
So, I was supposed to do the following in response:
- Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back.
- Share 7 random things about yourself.
- Nominate 7 or more blogs and notify them on their blogs.
- Copy and paste the award on your blog somewhere.
Ok..7 random things about myself:
- I LOVE God – I am a third generation Christian and faith is everything to me. One of my favorite verse is – Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
- I LOVE music and singing but never in front of people. You will never find me in a Karaoke bar!
- I LOVE snow – I love how it covers and transforms even the dirtiest places and things and makes them look so pure and white.
- I LOVE water – I love the complete peace I feel in the water; I always wonder if heaven will be similar.
- I often say that I LOVE dogs more than people because dogs don’t lie or hate and always love you unconditionally.
- I HATE arguing with people and I used to HATE myself for not being able to stand up to people. But with age, I have gotten much better..my husband now tells me that I can even be scary sometimes! (I doubt it though..LOL)
- Believe it or not, I decided to become a Computer Scientist after watching the movies Tron and War Games (when I was like 12). What a way to decide your career!?
Here are 7 blogs I enjoy for one reason or another:
- I’ll be home for Christmas (Letters home to you written from abroad) – this is my daughter’s blog. Having her away from home is sometimes really hard but having this blog helps us to know how and what she is doing – esp when phone calls are difficult due to time differences. She recently traveled through Europe and I must say I quite enjoyed her writings and pictures as well.
- Snapshots for sore eyes (Life as viewed through my aperture) – The photography here is simple amazing. Not your everyday scenery but things that you don’t always see. I especially love the pictures of the bark and the ice sculptures.
- Misty Yoon (Kkokko’s weblog) – “This Blog is so Mum can tell the world about our experiences. – Ryan” I think this quote simply captures what the blog is all about. It’s about a Korean American family and all the great food ‘mum’ makes. I particularly enjoy Misty’s lunchboxes – her kids are very lucky to have these everyday!
- Lostinrelocation (Where am I?) – I found this blog when Kathrin first left a very lovely comment on my blog. About how her mom recently passed away and my blog somehow reminded me of her. I was so touched by this comment and it encourages me to continue. Now having relocated to Korea, I love the title “lost in relocation” even more..
- Honey & Jam (recipes and photos) – I just recently discovered this blog and don’t know much about it yet but I do love love the photos. Hannah (she’s only 22)’s photos have been featured in many magazines and websites. She takes pictures exclusively with natural light and is not as bright as many food photos but has a wonderful organic feel to it.
- Sadly I don’t have 7..And I wish I had more favorite Korean food blogs to share..I could try to fill the list but that would be very artificial, just trying to fill the requirements. And I’m too old to bother with that kind of stuff… 🙂 So that’s it for now.
Thank You again Maria for nominating my Kimchimari Korean food blog for a One Lovely Blog award!