Yes.. I know.. Nov. 24th is Thanksgiving weekend but in Korea I will be making kimchi all day at my in-laws for Kimjang/Gimang. Kimjang is a longtime Korean tradition where families get together and make enough kimchi to last them through the freezing winter. It used to take 2- 3 days but now it’s usually done in one day (Read my No Crazy Kimchi post for more). I hope to take pictures and learn as much as I can from my mother-in-law and will be posting soon! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
You are here: Home » Nov. 24th is Kimjang Day!
November 21, 2012 | 6 Comments
- No Crazy Kimchi (How to ripen Kimchi) November 11, 2011
- Spicy Soft Tofu Stew(순두부찌게 Soondubu Jjigae) May 18, 2011
- Know your beef cut! January 28, 2012
- Korean vegetable fries or tempura (야채튀김 Yache Twigim) April 19, 2011
- Life in Korea – the land that delivers - July 27, 2012
- Interesting Korean Cooking event November 26, 2013
- Korean Rib Eye Steak Salad with Soy Plum Dressing November 20, 2013
- Chuncheon Chicken (춘천 닭갈비 Chuncheon Dak Kalbi) November 5, 2013
- Korean garlic pear seasoning paste October 28, 2013
- Know your Pork Cut!! October 24, 2013
- JinJoo: I know! I have been using the garlic pear seasonin...
- Homemade mak (“easy”) kimchi. | Two Red Bowls: […] check out these awesome posts — a ...
- JinJoo: Hi Kathyrn! Is the kkakduki (gakduggi) just too s...
- kathrinjapan: JinJoo, my sister just brought over some gakduggi ...
- diydumpling: What a great idea and recipe. I can see a lot of ...
banchan bbq beef blog bokkeum bulgogi cooking dessert doshirak featured food gochujang home jeon Jorim kimchi Korea korean korean beef bbq korean cooking korean food korean food blog korean home korean recipes Korean sauce lettuce lunchbox one dish meals Perilla leaves pork radish rice rice cake salad side dish soup Soups (Guk) and Stews (Jjigae) Soy Sauce spicy Ssam sub featured Tofu vegetable garden Vegetables zucchini
My other blog
- Condiments and Sauces (9)
- Desserts and Snacks (9)
- Doshirak (Lunchbox) (8)
- For Kids (5)
- Kimchi (7)
- Living in Korea (8)
- Main Dishes (21)
- Noodles (1)
- One dish meals (20)
- Party Menu (9)
- Reference (5)
- Rice Dishes (10)
- Side dishes (21)
- Soups (Guk) and Stews (Jjigae) (14)
- Tofu (3)
- Uncategorized (92)
- Vegetable Garden (1)
- Vegetables (27)
Monthly archive of my posts
My other passion